Thursday, July 7, 2016

True Love Waits.

So we've all heard the quote that's my post's title. That phrase that just drives us nutty because, while it may be true, we haven't perfected the spiritual fruit of patients! I know that it's true for me. In fact, I'm going through this struggle right now. 

Everywhere I'm looking it seems that someone I know is either in a relationship or getting into one. You can't escape the love songs, even with Christian artists. TV, books and movie are all waving them in our faces. 

Dear future husband, I am fairly patient, BUT in certain things I am way too eager for I tend to hate waiting! & one of those things is the day God decides to give each other to one another. But I know that God makes everything beautiful in its time & for that I am trying to patiently wait. I know that Love is Patient & because I already love you, I am waiting. Can't wait to wed you one day:


So, as a eighteen year old girl, I struggle. I know he (as in, future spouse) is out there. And you know what? It's infuriating to think about it! He could be dating someone else! And God knows we're going to be together someday. But right now? We could be half a world away.

I've quoted Proverbs 3:5-6 which says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path." But it's hard to live out. 

So that's why I'm working on this! I'm calling it ...

Five things to do while you wait for your future spouse

OR

The Waiting List

(Let me know your favorite in the comments!) 

Okay! Here we go! 

  1. Write to him/her. Seriously! I do this and it's so cool to think about giving it to him on our wedding night. But a few warnings! Don't write to a specific person! If you're dating in high school/college, write to your future spouse, not your boyfriend/girlfriend. This will ruin your whole journal. I mean, who wants to give something to their husband or wife that was written for someone else? What I write is scripture passages that I want him to read, things I'm looking forward to in marriage, basically whenever I'm thinking about him. Not a silly crush, not an actor or other famous person. HIM. 
  2. Pray for him/her. This is another thing that is so cool! Seriously pray for your spouse. I also use my journal for this! You can also pray for the person you're crushing on. Ask God to show you whether this like will turn into love. I did this on my last crush and fair warning, sometimes God's answer isn't what we want. But, he will always help you through it.Hello to my future husband I will say to thee you're the proof that God answers prayers. :) yeaaah #AMEN <3:  
  3.  Feed on God's word. Okay so I am so bad at this one! I know it's important but when life is good, it gets easy to just ignore the Bible on my nightstand. But the only way to grow closer to a spouse (future or otherwise) is to grow closer to Jesus.  
  4. Don't be a chaser! Be happy in your singleness! Until we can full accept being single, God isn't going to bring in a man to our lives. What do I mean by that? Okay so I know a lot of girls (and if you're one of these I still love you!) who don't feel like they're worth anything with out a boyfriend. They break up and then a month later they're dating someone else! Seriously?! I thought Bob Smith was the love of your life! Well obviously not. And see, that's the problem! We need to realize that God can use us whether we have a boyfriend/spouse or not. Lottie Moon and Corrie ten Boom were two single ladies who did amazing work for the Lord. God doesn't care about your relationship status. He cares about your heart.20 Motivational Quotes for Success: Words to live by!:
  5. Live your life to its fullest NOW! There are many things that, once you're married, you won't be able to do! So live your life right now. Do the crazy things you've wanted to do. Write that novel, go to that place, hang out with your firends, go to college, ect. Yes, marriage is wonderful. But once you're married ... you're married! The two of you become one and you're a team. You're now not only caring for yourself, you have someone else depending on you too. So life your life when it's yours.  Monday Motivation:
That's my list guys! And listen, I'm not anti-marrige. Not at all! :) Just check out some of my stories and you'll see that, like Anne Shirley, I'm a hopeless romantic. I dream and I wish and I hope. But above all I wait. And I now God'll brinig a man to me that's worthy of my heart someday. Maybe sooner than I think ... and when he appears? Oh what a day of rejoicing that'll be for me! 

"God has made EVERYTHING BEAUTIFUL in its TIME -Ecclesiates 3:11 ~~~ I know at times my heart grow anxious, and the waiting kills me, but you know, God has made everything—-YES EVERYTHING, beautiful in its time! I am so amazed because God really gave me this verse to remind and encourage me that I need not worry about anything. It will be beautiful… His plans is gonna be a really beautiful one.":

Jesus, I'm waiting on you. You know where he is. You know who he is. I trust you to bring him to me when I am ready. I'm hiding my love away and saving it for him. Help me to wait on your timing. For you make everything beautiful in it's time (Ecc. 3:11a) I love you Lord! Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment